Now you have your sashing sewn to your strips and they are all nicely pressed so let’s move on to ‘Dream to Achieve’ Joining The Strips
JOINING THE STRIPS
1. Take strip 1 and Strip 2 and with right sides together and the sashing on top, sew the seam.
2. Continue this (sashing on top) to join all of the strips. Note that there is no sashing at the top or bottom.
3. Press seams.
You will appreciate that the careful measuring, cutting, sewing and pressing will now mean that you will have a nice, squared top and not a leaning tower of Pizza!
MAKING OUR FEATURE STRIP
Now take your 2 pieces for the long feature strip. We have trimmed the selvedges from these but we did not trim them to any length.
1. Put two of the short ends right side together and stitch, matching the pattern as best you can. On mine the stripes are going across on this one and this made the joining easy. Looking at all of your different fabrics, this will be more of a challenge for some. If you need help please contact me and I will talk you through it. Press the seam.
2. Measure through the length of the quilt. Record measurement.
3. Measure through the length of the long strip and trim to match the recorded measurement through the quilt.
4. Join two sashing strips at the short ends, measure and trim to the same length too. Repeat.
5. Using the same process as before for joining the sashing, (sashing on top) add sashing to both sides of the long strip. Press.
Until next time