I was looking through my Xmas scraps today and thinking “What can I do with this?”
Answer: Make some Scrappy Xmas Decorations!
What you need:
Some Xmas scraps with small pictures – these ones vary in size
Some fabric scraps to use as backing – think about using Xmas fabric if you will see it
Some scraps of Vilene or wadding
1. Cut out your pictures – if you have borders like mine it is easy – you could use a rule and rotary cutter if you preferred.
I had enough to get 2 of each and you can see that I rough cut them only.
2. Cut Vilene and backing for each one – once again – rough cut.
3. Press the Vilene to the back of the front picture.
4. I needed something to make some loops and I found this cord. I decided to unwind the beaded strand to use as loops.
6. With all layers facing the way you want them to finish ie front, wadding, backing, use pinking shears to cut along the top. I have skewed mine a little so you can see. Then fold a loop in half and place between the wadding and the backing.
7. Sew around the picture about 1/4″ from the edge. I have used white to show you on the back.
8. Using the pinking shears, cut around the other 3 sides.
9. There you have it! Continue with your other pictures. These can be tree decorations or you might like to make a mini garland. I threaded them onto the rest of the cord.
Until next time