Rectangle 9″ x 18″ of Fabric 1
Rectangle 9″ x 18″ of Fabric 2
Rectangle 8.5″ x 17.5″ of iron on wadding. I used Vilene H640
One large button to trim
Finished size: Approx 8 and 1/4″ x 8 and 1/4″
1. Take Fabric 1 and the Vilene and centre the Vilene on the wrong side of the fabric. Make sure you have the side with the little dots facing the fabric. Press it to join.
2. Take both fabrics and with right sides together, secure the start with reverse stitches and sew around the edge, leaving a 3″ gap for turning. Remember to secure the end with reverse stitches
3. Trim the corners and turn to the right side. Close the gap with a ladder stitch. Press.
4. It is now time to decide which way you will make the holder, so fold it in half.
and then fold the corner back.
Now try it the other way
5. Open the holder again and, starting at bottom of one of the short sides and using a matching cotton, top stitch about 1/4″ from the edge up that side, along the long edge at top and down the other short side.
6. Fold in half and starting at the top stitching line (remember to secure – I like to tie off and pull the knot to the inside), sew 1/4″ from the edge down the side and along the bottom to the other stitching line. Finish off.
7. Fold the corner back till you can only see about 1 and 1/2″ of the outside fabric.
8. Attach button and add serviettes and you are ready to party!!
I hope you will share a photo if you make one!
Until next time