Today we are going to use the same combination of squares and HSTs as we did for the Shoo Fly block, to make a Friendship Star from charm squares.
WHAT YOU NEED:
Dark: 3 x 5″ squares
Light: 6 x 5″ squares
- Trim 1 Dark and 4 Lights to 4.5″ squares
2. Take the remaining 2 Dark and 2 Light and make HSTs
- diagonal line
- scant 1/4″ either side of line
- cut between the lines
- trim and press OR press and trim
3. Organise your squares
4. Sew and press your 9 patch Friendship Star.
You are a STAR, friend!
Let’s take a look at our blocks so far:
(I had to use 2 Friendship Stars to fill the space!)
Next week we will move on to more combinations of squares, strips and HSTs. I hope you are enjoying the blocks.
Until next time