For all the ‘contrary’ wives out there today we will make a Contrary Wife quilt block from charm squares.
WHAT YOU NEED:
LIGHT: 5 x 5″ squares
DARK: 4 x 5″ squares
Nanny Note: if you need more detailed instructions just follow the links for a quick reminder!
- Take 3 LIGHT and 2 Dark squares and trim them to 4.5″
- Take 2 LIGHT and 2 DARK and make HST’s
- diagonal line
- scant 1/4″ either side of line
- cut between the lines
- trim to 4.5″and press OR press and trim to 4,5″
3. Organise your squares:
4. Sew your 9 patch and press.
How did you go with the Contrary wife? Are you feeling a little contrary now? I must admit when I saw the name of this block, I imagined a frustrated quilter ( maybe with little ones crying “Whats for dinner?”) trying to make sense of her squares and HSTs and getting flustered – maybe she was having problems with her corners or maybe her directional fabrics!
Whatever it was, we have been left with a fun block in her memory!
Until next time