With the warm weather upon us in Australia, I thought I would share a quick, easy recipe that can be eaten hot or cold – a Gluten Free Tuna Slice. This is a great recipe to make with the children!
What you need:
125g 0r 1.25 pkts of rice crackers
1 cup of milk
120g of cheese
1 medium onion
425g tin of tuna
What you do:
This is one of those wonderful recipes where you prepare everything first and then bundle it all together
- Crush the rice crackers in a bowl
2. Take 3 eggs and beat lightly
3. Measure out a cup of milk
4, Grate the cheese
5. Dice the onion
6. Open the tuna, drain and break up a bit with a fork
7. Put everything into the bowl with the crackers
8. Mix to combine
9. Spread into a tray – I line it with baking paper
10. Bake in a moderate oven (175) for 45 minutes or until golden.
Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the slice while it is hot.
This is the ‘base’ recipe but of course you can add other things like some fresh herbs, grated carrot or zucchini or even some corn kernels. It slices well, is great served hot with vegetables or cold with a nice green salad and some cherry tomatoes, and it travels well so is perfect for a picnic!
I hope you enjoy the Gluten Free Tuna Slice
Until next time