Today I am going to show you another easy project using a photo frame – Make a frame tray!
When we had a disaster in our kitchen last year,which resulted in a ‘new’ kitchen, I felt I needed some colour accents in the white kitchen.
I had the tea cup herb garden
So I decided to take the red of the cup to make this tray!
What you need:
A photo frame – I used an A4 – choose a frame with a profile that suits your need. I chose this one because the high gloss finish fitted perfectly with the kitchen finish.
A roll of contact or some of your favourite fabric
What you do:
- Remove the backing board from the frame and carefully remove the stand from the board.
2. Cover the board with the contact or if you use fabric, staple or glue it to the board. Replace it in the frame and secure.
3. Now I wanted to be able to clean the tray without worrying about water getting under the glass, so I asked PJ to seal it for me with Silastic Sealer. So you simply squirt it around the edge
4. Wipe it clean with a dry cloth
5. You could add handles if you wanted to – I chose not to.
6. Enjoy your new tray! This is mine in the kitchen.
There are so many lovely frames available today and you can often pick them up on sale so why not give it a try. You can make them whatever size you like and they can serve a purpose in any area such as on the dressing table or even in the bathroom and you can make them whatever colour/design you like to suit your decor. They make a great gift too!
Until next time