I have always used a window to do my tracing, but with my back the way it is, I thought it time to come up with something more suitable. I know I could ask Poppy to make a light box for me – you see many variations around, but I really didn’t want another piece to fit in to my overstuffed craftroom so decided to make a light box from things that are used around the house already. Let me show you how to make a Light Box!
What you need:
A plastic storage crate (I store my fabrics in these)
A glass cutting board (found in the kitchen)
and an LED torch (from its charger) You could use some of the little round ones from the cheap shop too if you wanted to spread the light more.
What to do:
1. Place your plastic tub on your desk.
2. Turn on the torch and place it in the tub.
3. Place the glass cutting board on top.
4. Place your pattern on the cutting board. (You could tape it if you are worried about slipping)
5. Cover with the fabric pieces and trace away!! (It was hard to photograph but all of the pattern is visible – you could slide the cutting board if you needed to)
How easy was that!!
It sits at a perfect height for tracing. No more stretching up at the window for me AND when I’m finished it all goes away somewhere else in the house! Just perfect for my Candlewicking Adventure!
Do you use a Light Box? Let me know if you try this out and make a Light Box – I don’t know why I didn’t think of it before!
Until next time