Hi! I haven’t been around much of late but I will tell you about that another time. Today I am sharing a wonderful surprise that I received a couple of days ago – it is called a ‘Sunshine Award’
The Sunshine Award is a ‘blogger to blogger’ award and is
awarded to bloggers who “positively & creatively inspire
others in the blogosphere”.
Wow! This Nanny was very excited – I didn’t even know these awards existed and to be considered worthy just blew me away.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Post the award image in your blog
- Tell 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-10 other blogs and let them know about their nominations.
The first two, I have covered but now to think of 7 things about me that I could share…….
- I grew up in a small Australian village with both lots of Grandparents living within easy walking distance. Is it any wonder I love having family around!!!
- I went crayfishing as a child with a piece of string tied to a piece of meat.
- As a child I wished I had a horse and that I could play piano. Funny how watercolour painting and sewing were not on that list!!
- I went to Sydney when I left school to be a nurse at the Mater Hospital in Crows Nest.
- A scholarship for teacher training saw me leave nursing and become a teacher – a career that I loved but that was unfortunately cut short following a motor vehicle accident.
- I have been married to my best friend for nearly 42 years – guess that makes us ‘lifers’
- I have 2 children, 2 other children (husband and wife to my children) and 6 grandchildren and I am one lucky Nanny!!