Now we have finished the Patchwork it is time to do the Quilting!
1. Prepare your backing – if you are using quilting cotton like me, you will need to cut the 3m length in half and join it again along the selvedges to make it big enough. I try to match my pattern but I know that others don’t worry about it. Others join using a strip of contrasting fabric/s – it really is up to you!!
2. Press both the backing and the quilt top.
3. Prepare to Pin the quilt – I stated earlier that I pin my quilts as I can’t use any sprays because of my Fibromyalgia. If you prefer to use a basting spray that is fine but I will be pinning.
I am now going to refer you to another post to get the details of the process I use:
4. Spread the backing, face down and tape it. Spread the wadding and smooth it out with your hands.
5. Add the quilt top smoothing it as well.
6. Pin the quilt
7. It is now ready to quilt.
Please take a look at this Tutorial to give you some ideas-
8. Roll the quilt – I am going to quilt down through the diagonals of the squares so I roll the quilt from one corner in towards the centre. The roll will go under my machine – by rolling like this I can manage quite a large quilt on my little Janome Excel!
9. It is now ready to take to the machine.
Until next time